Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Run For The Rose

On March 29, 2009 I will be running a 5K Marathon. I never thought I would enter a marathon, but have decided to give it a try. You never know one day I will be running the 10K, maybe even a full marathon. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. The goal is to run the whole marathon with out stopping.

The marathon is for an extremely good cause. It's for the research of brain cancer. I feel great knowing that I am running for a cause.

You ask what kind of training I have had? Well, in running not much. For many years I have been doing many cardiovascular classes which I believe give me the indurance I need. For the past month I have been running and have really surprised myself. I do not care for running but every time I run further than I have before or with out stopping I feel great about myself. It's a high in itself.

I also have an amazing support group that will be running the marathon with me. Even though everyone will be at their own pace, it's great knowing that we're in it together.

If you would like to join in this incredible cause it's not to late to sign up. They also offer a 1K family walk. Just visit http://www.runfortherose.com/?id=1 and register.

No comments: