Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hana and Ricky's Photo Shoot
















On March 7, 2009 we did Hana and Ricky's photo shoot. I do this every year with the kids. One to get great pictures of them and two to see how they grow each year. A friend of mine Susie is working on becoming a photographer, so she was perfect and she also needed my kids for her gallery. A picture perfect set up! We picked Collins park. I was a little unsure because I did this location last year, so I did not want the same pictures, just the kids looking older. We decided that 4pm would work perfect. Hana would have a great nap and she would be happy as pie - Right? NOT EXACTLY. She had a very late nap. She actually had to be woken up and dressed to be on time for her photo shoot. She was not happy. Another ordeal with her was that she didn't want to wear any other shoes than her new "Nike" tennis shoes even though she had a brand new pair of sandals. Did she care? Not really. She was set on wearing the tennis shoes with her beautiful dress.
Ricky on the other hand was set on taking every picture with Dr. Seuss even though we discussed he would only be in one picture. So you see the session already to a bad start. Little did Susie know this at the time. During the session my kids were so misbehaved to Ricky not listening and Hana's temper tantrums. It was every parents night mare. Susie on the other hand was amazing and it didn't bother her at all. She just put her longer zoom lense on the camera and shot them in action. I was just going for at least 5 good pictures. Susie the miracle worker she is provided many amazing pictures. They caught the childrens character and mood that day. If you know me than you know i'm not a fan of studio pictures because I don't like the stageing effect. I love when someon can catch my kids character. Also editing is a huge part of it. In studio they don't edit. Susie did a fantastic job editing and cropping. Below are some samples of the Awesome pictures.
Oh, Hanas tennis shoes were not in the pictures but one and some of the best pictures were taken on a pile of dirt - go figure???!!!!

No comments: