Monday, March 23, 2009

The Houston Rodeo --- Yeehaww!!




The Houston rodeo comes to Houston every year. This brings some great performers to Houston. It's also great for the food, carnival rides and live stock show. Unfortunately this year I was not able to take my kids to the rodeo. I was planning on it but it just didn't happen. I feel a little guilty and bad because I was fortunate enough to catch two shows this year. None planned, just last minute because friends had tickets.
My first show was Brad Paisley. We went to celebrate Leah's birthday YAY!! It was me, Steph, Leah and Emily. We could all thank Steph for the tickets. Funny that none of us is a huge fan of Brad Paisley. I myself don't really know what he sings. I know I heard some of his songs on the radio but they didn't register. Half way through Emily has this great idea to leave so we did!! We ended up going to midtown and bar hopping. Okay I say bar hopping it was only two bars. That counts right? Anyway we had so much fun!!! I know it's a night i'll remember for a long time.

My second trip to the rodeo was to see Gary Allen. I really like Gary Allen's music - "Nothing on but the radio" is one of my favorites. I was very excited to see him and he put on a great show.
I do have to say that the traffic around the reliant center sucks! It took us hours to get to our tiel lot. I think we learned our lesson and are going to park and ride next time. We went with Liz and Mike who are two incredible people. We had lots of fun with them.

No comments: