Monday, June 18, 2012

SWIM MEETS!!

I can't believe that swim meets are over, other than Divisional's. It has been very time consuming but so worth it, to finally see him be passionate about a sport. He has learned a lot and made some new friends. Part of me will miss the early Sat mornings and all day meets. Even though you are there 6 hours to see your child swim for about 3 minutes. 
This last meet he beat his best time on free style. He has a small chance at divisional's to qualify for invitationals. He would have to beat his time by about 3 seconds. I have all the confidence he can do it if he wants to. It just depends on him and the Saturday he is having. Not all meets does his time get better. 
                    Dad was able to get a lot of volunteer hours by timing. It was where all the action was.
Waiting to get on the ready bench after eating a blue slushy. 
A team mom put lighting on the boys. I always loved seeing the kids put stuff on their backs. One of my favorites was "eat my bubbles". 

Some videos from his heats
Ricky's butterfly

Ricky's Backstroke (one of the earlier meets)

Lakewood Forest Meet backstroke

Lakewood Forest Freestyle ( He beat his best time on this one) Watch my little man catch up to the lead guy!

No comments: