Monday, May 7, 2012

SWIM TEAM!!!

This year I have decided to take the giant leap and sign Ricky up for swim team. I say giant leap because it is a HUGE time commitment sport. Practices are 4 days a week and swim meets are Saturday mornings from 6:30ish am (sign in) and can run till about 2:30ish depending on your childs timed relay or age group. Thankfully do to Ricky's age I don't think we will be later then 12ish. I have my fingers crossed on that one. I can't complain because he LOVES it! Both Hana and Ricky are my little fish. They live in the water during summer time. Hana decided not to do it at the last minute. A choice she regrets. Every practice she asks to do it. Not sure why she changed her mind at the last minute.
I am using this season as my introductory to swim team. I didn't know much about it. I am finding out that a lot of these kids had classes on technique right before this. Who knew?? The coaches can't give one on one attention to the kids because they have so many kids. There are 205 on Ricky's team and I think about 50+ in just his age group 7-8 year olds. All this for 2 coaches. I'm just thrilled Ricky wants to go and is enjoying it. I told him that since it's his first year and we are still learning a lot of things he just needs to race against his own time.
I also have to commite 21 volunteer hours, whew! Thankfully I can tackle it with big Ricky. I'm just amazed how many kids sign up for swim team with all that goes into it.
I think this is the perfect sport for Ricky.
I'm the proud mom of a Northpointe Shockwaves swimmer!
This isn't all of the swimmers. There are 205 total!!!
 
My handsome swimmer 




No comments: