Monday, May 7, 2012

A NEW ADDITION TO OUR FAMILY

About a month ago, we added a new member to the Pagnozzi family. A fury cute as a button hamster named Donut. During Easter we visited family in Bastrop and some of the kids had a hamster. My kids fell in love with it and it wasn't effecting their allergies. Big Ricky caved and wanted to get the kids one. Little did I know I would be the only one changing the cage, grrrrrrr. The kids love Donut. She is extremely calm and friendly. She has not bit the kids and they hold her a lot. Especially, Hana. I think the hamster sees her coming and hides! She's like Darla from finding Nemo. Except in this case it's a hamster and not a fish. I think Donut fits right in and seems to be very happy. Our only ops moment was when she jumped from my hand and landed on the wood floors. I wondered if she ever made noises. Well, I found out pretty quickly that she squealed. I felt so bad because I didn't know if she got hurt and to make it worse she didn't move for 30-45 minutes. I'm happy to report she made a full recover. I hope Donut is with us for a very long time.

No comments: