Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SUMMER FUN - VACATION

The kids and I decided to visit my parents and take a little vacation. Unfortunately daddy had to stay home and work =(.
We did miss daddy a lot but we had a great time. Finally!!!! the beach was beautiful. In the past 2 years it has been so hard for me to time it right. The waves were very minimal, the beach was clear and an emerald green and there was no seaweed. It was perfect!!!
We saw fish swim all around us. A few even nibbled on us. When one nibbled on Ricky he lost his mind. I thought was extremely ironic since every time we were out there swinging in the waves, Ricky would start talking about Great Whites and sharks in general. Really?! I know they are all around us, but I don't need to be reminded. So the whole time i'm on high alert and skimming the surface for fins. Also, I make sure we always stay near people. I noticed on shark bite documentaries it's usually the people that are by themselves that get bit. Not happening here, we were always near people =).
Most of our days consisted of being at the beach from 11 - 1:30 going home to eat and coming back in the evening. The last day I didn't want to leave, it was still so pretty. We spent about 3.5 hours on the beach till we called it quits. Since I ran out of sunscreen for myself I got a little burned.
We stayed a whole week. Even though it was so hard leaving, we were ready to see daddy.
                                                                   Gorgeous!!
 Ricky is wearing goggles so the salt water doesn't sting his eyes. Only wore them for 1 day since the waves weren't really there. 






















                             Love this pic. Look how clear the water is!
                                          Enjoying a popsicle on the hot day.

                            Hana and I working on our tan.







No comments: