Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ricky's 4 Year Pre-K Graduation


Stacy and Ricky being silly

Stacy (Godmother) and Ricky

Ricky getting his pre-k diploma!

Ricky about to give his teachers flowers

Ricky walking up to the stage to perform with the Zany Zebras - class.

At Ricky's graduation - the after celebration

Hana relaxing on her bear.

Hana and Ricky being silly at home after graduation

Hana and Daddy at graduation. Hana is approving of the performance!

Hana waiting for the performance to start.

Hana and Ricky hugging - they really love each other.

Ricky with his teachers, Ms. Anderson and Ms. Trevenio

Ricky walking off the stage after an AMAZING performance.

Ricky performing


( note: the pictures are out of order - sorry)

Ricky had his 4 year pre-k graduation yesterday. I can't believe my little boy is growing up so fast. It just seems like we just brought him home from the hospital. Now i'm going to his 4 year pre-k graduation. Where does the time go? I wish I could stop it because I don't want my little boy to ever grow up.
When we were getting ready lil Ricky comes up to me and says "Ms. Anderson says we have to dress up and I'm sad because I can't find my police man costume." How adorable is that?! All I could do was give him a big hug and just take in how innocent he is.
First of all I thought I was going to be an emotional wreck, but surprisingly I was not. We got there early to get a good seat and waited patiently with camera in hand for Ricky and his class to walk down the aisle to take his spot on the stage. They were so adorable. They sang Treasure Chest, Praisin Our Amazin' God, Superman, Create in Me/Children of the King, Better Together and Hand in Hand. All were great Christian songs. They were great and so adorable. You could tell they put a lot of hard work into it. Lil Ricky spotted us from the stage ( I think it was mainly due to all the waving) he was excited to see us and waved back. Every time he looked our way he would put on his "shy" face. His God mother, Stacy was there so I know he was thrilled to see her. His little eyes just lit up.
After the performance we all went back to the "Zany Zebras" classroom where the children received their "bare books" (scrap book the teachers make regarding the entire year). They were all called up to the front one by one and Ms. Anderson spoke about each child. Lil Ricky was excited about "show and tell" each day and he told a lot of stories. When he tells stories he has so much expression. After there was cookies and lemonade which the kids loved.
Ricky was blessed with two incredible teachers this year Ms. Anderson and Ms. Trevenio. It will be hard to fill their shoes next year. Windwood is and has been an incredible school. They learn so much but not only the required regular subjects, but also what's very important in our lives and that is Jesus and God. He talks about God and Jesus all the time. The other day he and Hana were sitting on the couch and he was educating her about about Jesus and God. It can't get much better than this.
Even though I'm sad to move on from this stage I know it's a chapter in our lives that has ended and there is so much to look forward to. We're very proud of the little man Ricky is becoming. He surprises us each and everyday with his wit, charm and caring personality.

No comments: