Thursday, July 5, 2012

A GREAT WEEKEND!!

My sister wanted to take the kids for the weekend. The kids have never been away for the weekend unless Ricky and I had something planned. We had nothing!!! I have to say it was an amazing weekend. Ricky and I were able to reconnect and recharge. On Sat we went out to eat at PF Changs and then dancing at Whiskey River.  We got to sleep in and lounge around on Sunday. We had a late lunch at Locetellis Pizza. So yummy!! Before we had kids we were very spontaneous. So we decided to go to Surfside and go fishing. We got there after 4pm. We really never fished. We walked the beach and then decided to go to Galveston. We walked the beach, had dinner at a restaurant over looking the beach and stayed for entertainment at the Rainforest Cafe. It was so much fun!! I'm really glad we got this time. I fell in love even more with my husband. So good to know that we can still have fun together and be spontaneous. It was such a great weekend!!
It's funny because Ricky kept on suggesting these crazy but super fun ideas. New Orleans for the day. Which we would have done but we weren't sure about lil Ricky's breathing. Taking a red eye to Las Vegas. Which we researched, but decided spending $800 on a plane ticket for one day was not a smart move.
I know we had just as much fun in Galveston and enjoyed each others company just as much.

  This boat came in from Africa. It was really neat seeing the tug boats getting ready for it and steering it in the right direction.
Galveston in front of Pleasure Pier. 



We like to eat at Tortuca right across the beach. It's really good food, inexpensive, great service and amazing location. 
Watching the entertainment in front of the Rainforest Cafe

The "Blues Brothers"

Michael Jackson

It is very quiet with out the kids and I did start missing them. They had a great time with Teta and Uncle Marco. They saw Brave, went to Tutti Frutti, made crafts etc.....
Oh, I am not sure what kids my sister had because I texted her to see how they were doing and she texted back " This morning I woke up at 8 and their bed was already made with even the sheet corners tucked in, they were dressed and quietly watching tv in the office."



No comments: