Thursday, December 22, 2011

PUTTING UP THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!

One of the most exciting times of Christmas is putting up the tree. I really don't like our fake tree, so this year we have decided to get a real one. YAY!!! I was so excited. We went to a nursery to pick one out. It was a little frustrating because you had to realize that they were not going to be perfect. That is how they grow. Either way I think we picked out the best one out there!! We all love it. It's tall and full and goes to the bottom. It makes the house smell so good.
One of the major differences is that the branches are not as sturdy as fake trees. The ornaments really take a toll on it. I could already tell that it is getting a little droopy. I love it though.

                                                         Our beautiful tree.

 Hana getting into the Christmas spirit while wearing a shirt that has "brother for sale" on it. Maybe she wants to sell him so she can buy me a Christmas gift. Wink Wink.

                            Hana decided she needed a break and the Santa's needed to refuel too.
                                                        Ricky still going strong.
I love these ornaments. They hold such a dear tradition to me. They are chocolate ornaments. I remember these being on our tree as a little girl. My sister and I would always sneak some. I have been pretty lucky to get these from the Czech Republic since little Ricky was small. We call it "kolekce". There are many different characters in the box.
 we are extremely lucky to have lights on the tree. When Ricky packed the fake tree last year he packed the lights with it. We figured it would be easier if we I went and bought some. Well it turns out that the whole city of Houston had the same idea. I could not find white lights.Wal Mart was sold out. A nice lady gave me 2 boxes from her cart. On the way home I had to stop by Walgreens to pick up another box. It might of been ages since I bought lights, but I remember them being $1-$2 not $4-$5. Geezzz. If I knew that Ricky would have been in the attic searching for the lights we already had.
    Every year the kids get to pick out an ornament to put on the Christmas tree. It symbolizes them and what they were into that year. Ricky again picked Phineas and Ferb.
    Hana picked Bell. She's my favorite princess. Hers to I think, but only because she know's  it's mine.

No comments: