Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving 2011

We had a great Thanksgiving week. The kids were off from school for 1 full week. On Saturday till Tuesday I took the kids to visit my parents on N Padre Island. The weather was beautiful. The kids actually swam in the beach. Lil Ricky was body surfing! We had a good time visiting my parents and the kids getting that quality time with their grandparents. I know they can't wait to see them on Christmas.
Second half of Thanksgiving was spent at home relaxing. On Thanksgiving day we went to my sisters house as we have done the past couple of years. It's always so much fun. She married into a large and great family. We always love spending time with them. This Thanksgiving was bittersweet because Marco's grandmother was very ill and in the hospital. Sadly Sunday after Thanksgiving she passed. This made me realize even more that life isn't about the material things you have but who you have in your life. So I know my husband will be reading this and shaking his head. So to that I say. Yes, I still have wants but they're not important. I'm not going to be heart broken if I don't get everything I want.
It's who you have in your life. I am blessed daily to be surrounded by the people I love and our good health. They are who get me through my good and bad days.
This is what I'm thankful for this year:
1. My  husband and children.
2.Our health
3. My parents
4. My sister
5. My great friends
6. Surviving the recession
7. Being a stay at home mom. I know I complain about it at times, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. I love the bond and closeness I have with my kids because of it. I also love the tight bond they have with each other. I still think being a SAHM is the hardest job anyone can have. You NEVER get a break.
8. My YMCA membership
9. Girls night out
10. Dates with  Ricky
11. Family time. Since Ricky works so much this time is always treasured.

I'm truly blessed to have what I have in life.



                          It is Portugees Man of War Season


                    Wow look at that shell!

                He climbed this all by him self. Whoo Hoo

                  Lets go Longhorns!


                               Silly Hana


               I love Hana kisses

                   So excited to be at Chuckee Cheese

                    Kids with Babi

                   Hana just cared about how much sand she can get on her =/

                 Ricky swimming mid November - CrAzY


                 Vlady and me =)
         Teta and the kids
                  Me and my precious boy

No comments: