Monday, August 24, 2009

Ricky's First Day of Transitional


Is the sun really in his eyes this early in the morning???

Ricky getting ready to get out of the car and being lead to the building.



Ricky acting silly before school

Silly boy

Again striking a pose.

Where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday I brought my precious lil gift from God home. I know it's not kindergarten but it might as well be.
He is no longer in the pre-K building at Windwood but the academy side. His curriculum is the same as kinder and he goes 5 days a week.
He was excited to go and tackle this new adventure head on.
I made sure that he went to bed at a decent hour since he will be waking up a little earlier than usual. In the morning he was up before I could get him up. He ate his breakfast got dressed and off we went. All four of us piled into the car to see him off on his first day.
I was very upset that we were not suppose to walk him to his class the first day. Isn't this like a mother child tradition. You walk them to class and take pictures? Isn't this when they do well but your losing it? Well I missed that part. He did get out of the car great and was lead of to his class. This is when I started getting teary eyed. My baby whose really not a baby anymore was being lead away into an unknown. I know he's fine and will do just great. He's a very likable and smart guy.
I was so excited to pick him up and hear all about his day. The teacher said he had a great day. Woo Hoo!!!! He said he played with his new friends but doesn't remember their names.
I treasure all these little things with him because I know one day which will only come way to fast he will be able to manage with out me.