Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy 5th Birthdday Ricky!!


Ricky eating his Iron Man cake - yummy

Ricky getting ready to make a wish and blow out the candles

Iron Man cake

Me and Ricky

Me and Hana

Playing a parachute game at his party. Of course Hana had to follow Ricky.

Hana swinging from the rope.

On July 25 my lil guy turned 5. I can't believe the years have gone by so fast. He was so excited for his birthday to get here. He knew it was his day! He even said "on my birthday i'm going to make a mess" which I rebuttal with "the next day you'll have to clean it, because it won't be your birthday." He quickly changed his mind and decided not to make a mess. We had his birthday party at Basels Gymnastics, which was his choice. He decided on an Iron Man cake. Finding Iron Man decorations was almost non existent so it was Iron Man vs the Power Rangers. The kids had so much fun playing as did some of the adults. Ricky had a great turn out. The party was a success!!!

Dear Ricky, The years have gone by so fast. I remember holding you in my arms, you were so tiny and helpless. It seems like I just blinked and now your 5. You are an incredible little boy. You are very sweet and caring. Your dad and I are extremely lucky that God has blessed us with you. I couldn't ask for a more perfect child. I hope you never lose your innocence and your non caring about what everyone else thinks. As long as it makes you happy that is all that matters. I love going places with you for the first time and seeing your excitement and just the pure joy that you have. I love that you think i'm the best thing in the whole wide world. I love how the small things in life make you happy, like chasing butterflies, eating ice cream, having family movie night, catching love bugs, playing in the sprinklers, singing, and dancing. We are very proud of your accomplishments in the past 5 years, from learning to write your name to playing baseball and everything in between. I know some days are harder than others, but I can't imagine my life with out you and Hana. You are what makes me truly happy. It doesn't matter what I don't have in life because as long as I have you, Hana and daddy I have everything. I love you more than words could ever explain. Happy birthday my sweet little boy. I love you to the moon and back, Mommy

No comments: