Sunday, November 17, 2013

THE END OF THE 1ST 9 WEEKS - 1ST & 3RD GRADE

Wow!! I can not believe how fast 9 weeks went by. I think I start all my posts related with my kids how I can not believe how time flies. It just does!!!
The kids had a great 1st 9 weeks.
Hana loves her teacher, Ms. McAllister. She is doing great and excelling. She received all As!! We were so over joyed. Her reading level is "E". The last level for Kinder. She is doing great. We even moved her up to Junie B Jones chapter books. Her reading is getting faster and she reads with confidence. She is adjusting well and has made great new friends.
Ricky finally realized he likes his switch teacher. He had a fear of her in the beginning and was reluctant to let his guard down. He finally did and really likes her. Yay!. I feel 3rd grade was a huge adjustment. It feels like they were just thrown to the wolves. Sink or swim kind of feel. I knew 3rd would be an adjustment, but it is a huge one. They are still babied in 2nd in 3rd that does not exist. I can not believe how much homework he has. He is doing great. All As again. We did have a close call with science an 89.6. Thankfully we made it. His reading level is super advanced. Big Ricky was told at the teachers conference that he prefers to read alone bc he is so ahead of reading. He reads about twice as fast as the other kids. So proud of my little reader. Much has not changed, he still prefers playing with girls and has made a really good friend named Brooklyn.

Skipping into the beginning of the second 9 weeks, I have to brag on Ricky. The 3rd graders were tested on spelling words who would advance into the spelling bee. Ricky made it past the 1st round. From my understanding he was 1 of 38 3rd graders. He also advanced into the 2nd round. He is 1 of 8 3rd graders that will compete in the spelling bee against the 4th and 5th graders. So proud of my guy for getting this far. Wow!!

I am so blessed that my kids are doing so great in school academically and socially.

No comments: