Thursday, September 5, 2013

1ST DAY OF SCHOOL - 1ST AND 3RD GRADES!!

After a fun and long summer my babies were ready to start 1st and 3rd grade. I say this every year, but I can't believe how fast they are growing. =(
The day before, daddy took Hana shopping to pick out her first day of school outfit. I think they did a pretty good job. She looked very stylish. 
A few days before school started we had "meet the teacher". This is where we found out who their teacher was going to be. They did not send out postcards this year, which was very hard for me.
Hana got Ms. McAllister. She made a great 1st impression and even sent Hana a postcard, how excited she is to have her in class. We also found out that the boy Hana had a small crush on last year is in her class this year and he's even at her table. She had a few other kids in her class from Kinder. I felt a lot better knowing she will  have some kind of familiarity. Unlike last year she was ready to meet her teacher and walked around with such confidence. I even had her lead me to her class room so I had piece of mind she won't get emotional. She was such a pro. Wow! What a difference a year makes.
So far Hana loves school/her teacher and says she is having a lot of fun.
Hana weighs: 48.5 lbs  and is 47" tall. 
On the 1st day of school she walked in with out any issues and put everything up herself and went straight to her seat. She gave me a quick kiss and hug. I know I shed a little tear because she has come so far and is getting so independent. 

We found out Ricky has Ms. Tiffany-Stewart as his homeroom teacher and Ms. Cook as his switch teacher. He is a little worried about Ms. Cook. It's the one teacher he was afraid of getting. I think it's because she is strict. I know Ricky will do good in any setting. Ricky is enjoying Ms. Stewart so far. 
It seems like in 3rd grade the bar is raised a little higher. So far he has had a lot of homework and it just seems tougher. I know he's smart and will be able to get through it with out much problem. 
Weighs: 69 lbs  and is 56" tall. 












No comments: