Sunday, January 17, 2010

Joy of Time Out

When you think of putting your child in time out you have visions of them going to the spot and staying their quietly for the specified length of time and than you talk about what she/he did wrong. That's how it's portrayed on T.V. right?
Than reality sets in and you realize that's not how life really is.
We just had a time out incident that I would say was pretty interesting and gave me some insight to my lil sweet baby boy and what I have to look forward to as he gets older.
He got time out from big Ricky for one reason or another. Our time out is in the dining room and time is for how old you are. So in Ricky's case 5 minutes. Well the whole time he was screaming on how he wanted his gummies (vitamins). After enough time goes by big Ricky asks him " are you ready to be a gentleman" in which lil Ricky responds "are you ready to give me gummies" with out skipping a beat. Wow I was taken back by this quick and smart response. It took all I had not to laugh.
Let's just say he stayed in about 1-2 minutes longer.
I look down the tunnel of the future and realize no matter how hard I think it is now, it's only going to get harder. At this age I could still control them but as they get older I can't.
For those of you who wonder if Ricky ever got his gummies. The answer is yes only after he earned them back by cleaning his room.
I do have to say since I'm extremely slow on come backs lil Ricky definitely didn't get his quick comebacks from my side of the family. I have to say it's all Pagnozzi.

No comments: