Monday, April 6, 2009

Laundry Revelation!!

Many of you know that laundry and full on grocery shopping are my two worse chores. I cringe at the thought of them. They both have so many steps.

Lets take grocery shopping:
step 1: clip coupons or go through the grocery ads for price comparison
step 2: make a meal plan for the week
step 3: get to the grocery store
step 4: load up your cart
step 5: unload your cart so you can pay
step 6: load your cart back up
step 7: unload the cart AGAIN - put groceries in the car
step 8: drive home
step 9: unload the car - this requires many trips to the car
step 10: put all the items where they belong
step 11: cook or eat them
Way to many steps for one chore

Now lets look at laundry
Step 1: get all the dirty clothes to the laundry room
Step 2: sort all the clothes out by color
step 3: put one load in the washer
step 4: move it to the drier
step 5: get it out to a place where it can be folded
step 6: fold
step 7: put it all up
step 8: repeat till it's all done

Way to many steps for one chore.
I have to admit my last load has been known to stay in the drier till it's laundry time again.

Today I discovered I don't mind laundry that much after all!!
I don't watch T.V. during the day, but do miss my afternoon talk shows.
Folding laundry is my time to watch T.V. I get all the laundry folded, even the socks (socks are another story. The matching game just doesn't work for me).
So you see it's a win win situation. My family gets clean clothes that they don't have to dig out of the dryer or find them all wrinkled in hampers and I get to watch some T.V.

No comments: