Wednesday, August 27, 2014

THE BEGINNING OF 2ND AND 4TH GRADE.

After a long summer my munchkins went back to school. It was great spending the summer with them, but I think everyone is ready for a routine around here. Maybe not Vincent. I know he will miss them a lot when they are at school.

Hana is entering 2nd grade at 48.5 inches tall and 56 pounds. She is blessed to get Ms. Scott for her homeroom and Ms. Heathcox for her switch teacher. Ricky had them. They are the definition of a "perfect" teacher. I believe Ms. Scott truly teaches for the love of it. She is nurturing, but yet firm. She makes learning fun. She is a teacher that will go out of her way. She has a couple friends in her class from last year. Hana is going to have a great year. So far all her days have been "perfect."

Ricky was pretty bummed after meet the teacher. He did not get the teacher he was hoping for, nor did he have any of his close friends in class. I was a little nervous the 1st day for him. Mainly if he will like the teacher. The whole year depends on the teacher/student relationship. To my relief he really likes his teacher, Ms. Cabahug. She is new to the district. She used to teach 5th grade and was also the head of a dept for many years. I really think Ms. C will challenge her students. Ricky will have to work a little harder to keep his "A" average.  Ricky said the 1st day she was under the impression that they were pretty fluent in long division. All the kids pretty much just stared at her. She also has Ricky interested in reading. As soon as he got home on the 1st day of school he begged me to take him to buy "The Giver". I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he finishes it.
He still sees his best friends at recess. The only complaint he has is that the days are long.

Praying that my kids will have an awesome year and that they will stay safe.

Hana picked this outfit out with daddy. I think they did a great job. 



Vincent graduated to a big boy car seat. 





Ms. Scott


She's super excited. 

------I have no classroom pictures with Ricky bc when we got to his classroom almost all kids were already there. We didn't even go in with him. He went straight to his desk and we said our goodbyes. It's 4th grade so it would have been a little odd. ---------------

No comments: