Thursday, February 17, 2011

Takewondo Is Good For Me!!

I put Ricky into Takewondo. I figured it was a shot. Maybe he'd like it? I have to say I am thrilled. He LOVES it!! It's so great seeing him go to something with a smile on his face and something he puts his all into. Master Hahn is great with the kids. He tries to make things into a game and jokes with them.
I love hearing Master Hahn at the end of each session tell me that Ricky is good or getting much better.
I love how it's building confidence in Ricky.
Right now we're working on getting his white belt. Master Hahn just doesn't give those out. You have to earn it.
It might not be the baseball or football that I had in mind when I had a little boy. I'm learning that it's not about what I want but it's about what makes him happy and what he enjoys. His smile is so worth it.
At least with Takewondo he will know how to protect himself. Which is super important for him, since he is so passive.
One of their saying during punching "Takewondo is good for me"
Right now we're just getting the basics down. After that we will introduce sparring. Lil Ricky can't wait.

No comments: