Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cozumel Vacation
























































We took our first family vacation!! This was very exciting for the whole family. First you have to understand how much planning went into this. After researching for months and a lot of late nights, we or should I say I, narrowed it down to Cozumel Mexico. I love the Carribbean water. I needed something that was calm and clear. What better place than Cozumel. Little Ricky was so excited to fly. We were definetly worried about Hana. To get ready for our trip I went to the dollar store and bought a handful of toys to keep Hana occupied and candy for the changing cabin pressure. Both the kids were great on the flight. The changing pressure did not bother them at all. I had all this candy and I didn't even need it... go figure. We get there and the shuttle takes us to our hotel, El Cozmuleno. It's incredible and extremely clean. The beach was amazing. Just like a pool with fish. I was so excited about all the snorking I was going to get to do! The first 2 days were amazing. Hana and big Ricky took afternoon naps while lil Ricky and I played in the pool, swung on the hammock and swam in the beach. Our second day we went snorkling, all I have to say is amazing!! Hana was practically the first to jump of the boat. It took a little while to convince lil Ricky to jump in. He finally did and had the time of his life. He saw Nemo, Dori and Bubbles. What could be better for a 4 year old? The excitement he had was priceless. Then what seemed like Hurricane Ike blew in and didn't stop! The last days were disappointing due to the weather. We met some friendly people that just adored our kids and lil Ricky made a few girlfriends, some were quiet older than he was..hehehe. We had a great family vacation!! I would definetly go back. I'm looking forward to our next family vacation. Big Ricky gets to pick the destination!!

No comments: